Amie Aliza's line of jewelry uses a variety of materials, including gold filled, sterling silver, and gold/rose gold/silver plated. This information is listed in the product description of each item.
If you are someone who loves to live in their jewelry (shower, exercise, etc), our gold filled and sterling silver options will be best suited for you. Plated jewelry requires a little extra love and attention, to keep your item looking new for as long as possible. Here are some helpful care tips, that any piece of jewelry, regardless of material, will benefit from.
- Apply sprays, perfumes and lotions before putting on your jewelry.
- For best longevity, all jewelry should be removed when showering, exercising and swimming.
- Sterling silver lasts for years, but it does oxidize easily. Simply wipe silver down with a soft cloth after each use. If heavy tarnish occurs (think grandma's old silver spoons), use an at home DIY sterling silver cleaning method.
- The best storage method is to keep your pieces in a jewelry box or air-tight baggie when not being worn. Storing it away from light and oxygen helps prevent tarnishing and oxidization.
Magnetic Clasp Bracelets:
- Always remove by holding the magnet itself, and gently pulling apart. Never remove by pulling on the chain.
- The airplane charm is plated metal, and should never be worn in water.